Peaches certainly make the summer months a bit cooler. They are soft, juicy and very refreshing whether you are eating the whole fruit or simple looking for a way to preserve and enjoy them later.
If you’ve followed me for a while you will know that I talk a lot about selecting my fruits for preservation during the summer through late fall. I do this because the fruits are at their juiciest and naturally sweet.
Home Made Peach Preserve Recipe
Prep Time: Cook Time:
In this recipe I show you how I preserve my peaches. My process is very simple and will have you all done in a flash.
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
- How to peel the peaches – Make an X with a knife on the bottom of the peaches. Boil a pot of water and remove from heat. Put the peaches in the hot water and remove after 2 minutes. Then place the hot peaches in an ice bath. The skin will come off easily.
- Cut the skinless peaches in halves or quarters and place them in a 2-cup jar.
- Make the syrup – place sugar and water into a small sauce pot. Boil for about 2 minutes uncovered.
- Pour the syrup into the jar of peaches 1 inch from the top. Using a flexible rubber spatula, push peaches around in jar to release bubbles.
- Clean the rim of the jar with vinegar or lemon juice and seal.
- Place jar in a medium pot of water until jar is covered at least 1/2 of the way.
- Bring water to boil for at least 30 minutes on medium heat. Remove pot from heat.
- Remove jar from water with canning tongs and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Remember to subscribe to the blog and receive notification when new blog is posted.