The carrot coconut bread is one of the easiest quick breads that I have ever baked. What I like is that it is a one step recipe that combines all of the ingredients at once.
If you like quick breads that are easy to make then this one should be your go to favorite. The crunch from the nuts, the taste of carrot and coconut, the nutmeg and cinnamon all add to the richness of taste and color.
The ingredients are listed according to how they are added in the recipe which makes it easy to assemble, mix and bake.
Best Carrot Coconut Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes Bake Time: 1 hour
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup coconut flakes, sweetened
1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 1 loaf pan or bundt pan 9 inches x 5 inches
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl, add sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and beat until smooth and all ingredients are combined.
- Stir carrots, coconut flakes and 1 cut nuts into batter.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake 1 hour. Test with tooth pick for doneness. If toothpick comes out clean and dry then bread is ready.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan, serve.