Flavorful warm and delicious flourless pancakes made with bananas, perfect for breakfast
With no luck finding any flour I decided to buy bananas and get creative making banana pancakes.
The recipe below is very easy.
The trickiest part about making this delectable breakfast treat is the cooking. Unlike regular pancakes made using flour which are easy to flip, these pancakes need a bit of maneuvering to flip because the batter is very fluid.
I suggest practicing with one pancake first and master turning over. Make sure the bottom of the pan or skillet is well oiled to prevent sticking.
Note: I recommend frying pancakes one at a time to make turning easier. Cooking too many at once may result into broken pancakes. Practice until you master turning the banana pancakes.
I used a thin, sharp edged spatula to lift and turn the pancake. This is the best tool to use.
Banana Pancakes (Flourless)
Prep Time: 5-8 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 6 Pancakes
1 green banana, slightly ripened
1 ripened banana (yellow)
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon raisins
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon powdered milk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Cooking oil for frying
- Peel and cut bananas into small pieces. Add to small bowl and mash until medium lumps of bananas remain. Do not make very creamy.
- Add baking powder and powdered milk and stir to combine. Add egg, raisins and vanilla, stir to combine. Do not beat.
- Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil to small frying pan. Or skillet. Roll oil around pan to distribute evenly. Heat oil about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add about 2 tablespoons full of banana batter to hot oil. Preferred to cook pancakes 1 or 2 at a time on medium heat. Do not overcrowd frying pan or skillet. Cook until bottom when slightly lifted appears brown. Using a thin, sharp edged spatula (see picture above) gently lift the pancake. Be very careful as the pancakes break easily when turning since it does not contain flour. Let cook on other side until brown. Remove from pan/skillet
- Repeat step 4 until batter is fully used.
- Serve pancakes with desired syrup or fruits or whatever dressing is desired.