Semi-crunchy, delicious peanut butter cookies perfect for snacking anytime of day.
Peanut butter cookies are a world wide favorite cookie. The cookies are delicious and easy to make.
The cookies are best eaten served with a cold glass of milk. Kids in particular love peanut butter cookies. They are great for snacking or packing along with lunch to be eaten as dessert.
Peanut butter cookies recipe is below.
Prep time: 25 minutes. Bake time: 10 minutes
Servings: about 36 cookies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Extra granulated sugar for rolling
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds or rubber spatula for 1 minute.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Beat until combined, scrapping sides of bowl constantly.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until fully combined.
- Add in four while mixing. Cover and chill dough to make easy to handle during rolling.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball into additional granulated sugar. Flatten balls with fork in criss cross fashion.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack. Let cool completely.