Warm and inviting best raisin rolls ever! The rolls have a slightly sweet taste and are best served warm with butter.
This recipe is easy to make even if this is your first time making rolls or baking with yeast.
Simply follow the steps in my recipe below and you will make the best rolls.
The steps in the sweet raisin rolls recipe is very easy to follow.
Prep time: 1 hour 45 minutes. Bake time: 40 minutes
Servings: about 24 rolls
4 cups all purpose flour
2 packet active dry yeast
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 cups milk or buttermilk (to make buttermilk: add 2 teaspoons vinegar or lime juice to milk. Let sit for 5 minutes before using)
Additional flour for kneading and dusting
Melted butter for brushing after baking
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, raisins and yeast. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir milk, sugar, oil and salt until warm around 120 degrees F.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer 3-5 minutes or with wooden spatula 7-8 minutes.
- Turn dough on floured board. Knead and sprinkle bit more flour if needed, until dough is smooth and elastic, at least 7-8 minutes. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn once. Cover and let rise until double in size at least 45 minutes.
- Lightly grease 2 6X12 in rectangle pans.
- Punch dough dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Divide into at least 22-24 pieces.
- Knead and shape each piece of dough a roll/ball.
- Place balls into 2 prepared pans.
- Bake in 375 degrees F oven about 40 minutes or until medium golden brown. Cover loosely with foil paper for last 10 minutes if browning too fast. Brush hot rolls with warm melted butter or honey for extra flavor. Immediately remove rolls from pan and cool on racks.
TO MAKE RING BREAD:
- After step 4 in the above instructions, knead dough into a 12-inch long log approximately 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches high. Place in greased 12 inch tube pans. Let rise until almost double in size at least 40 minutes. Bake as in step 9 in the instructions.